The Harvest: Day One

On the first day I attempted a honey harvest (before my lovely extractor came in), I removed the freshest frame from the Blues, on which they’d only built out one side’s worth of honey. My roommate helped me fashion a fairly primitive method of extraction, and we made a mess, but the results were delicious and we had a great time!

For reference, this is what an empty frame looks like:

IMG_20140727_125253_358

Here’s the bare beginnings on the reverse side of the the frame I harvested:

IMG_20140727_125330_388  IMG_20140727_125430_769

Here’s the side to be harvested:

IMG_20140727_124934_818

Continue reading